Friday, August 4, 2017

2017 Hydrocephalus scholarships awarded

I had planned to post this back on Monday (July 31st) but, due to health issues, I was delayed until today. Earlier in the year, I received an e-mail from the Hydrocephalus Association saying that I was in the pool for one of their 2017 scholarships. Several months passed and I didn't hear anything regarding my application or essays, so I assumed I didn't make the final cut. Well, last Sunday evening (July 30th) I received a telephone call from David Roberts of the Hydrocephalus Association's Atlanta office letting me know that I had indeed been awarded a scholarship and would receive it in the mail within the next two weeks. This came just in time and should "push me over the top" as far as paying for my final quarter at school! (Speaking of, I had been beating myself up for taking longer than four (4) years to finish my degree until I talked with a friend who explained few people actually finish in four years. That being said, let's do this.)

Until next time . . .

Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment